Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tyre companies. It employs approximately 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 56 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry.
- Charles Goodyear invented the process of rubber-curing, which he called vulcanization.
- Frank Seilberling founded the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company and chose the name "Goodyear" to honour Charles Goodyear.
- Henry Ford's Model T, fitted with Goodyear tyres, is a sensation with middle class consumers and car registrations skyrocket.
- Goodyear builds its first aircraft tyre.
- Goodyear builds its first airship envelope.
- Goodyear enters Indy 500 racing.
- Goodyear becomes the world's largest tyre company.
- Goodyear launches the Wingfoot Express truck line to prove the durability of the pneumatic cord tires and also develops a serious tyre development program with Goodyear Cord Tyres dominating the race circuits.
- Goodyear begins producing airship and observation balloons for the military.
- Goodyear tyres are on the winning car for every major race won in the country, including the Indy 500.
- Construction of the airdock begins in Akron.
- Goodyear struggles through the Depression.
- Goodyear builds the 'world's largest tyre'.
- Goodyear builds the nation's first rubber synthetic factory.
- Synthetic rubber becomes extremely important during WWII with Goodyear a major contributor.
- Goodyear celebrates its first 50 years.
- Goodyear introduces the revolutionary high quality nylon tyre, strengthened using the 3T process.
- Goodyear starts its long and impeccable record within Australian aviation.
- Goodyear expands manufacturing globally into Europe.
- Using Goodyear tyres, Craig Breedlove becomes the first man to top 600 miles (960km) an hour.
- Goodyear Aerospace helps send astronauts to the moon and return them safely to earth.
- Goodyear tyres were the first tyre tracks to land onto the Moon.
- Goodyear develops the radial tyre that changes the tyre industry.
- For the next 24 years, every winner of the Indy 500 will ride on Goodyear tyres.
- Goodyear announces the 'Eagle' will be the name of its racing tyres. Goodyear's high performance tyres also adopt the Eagle name.
- saw the creation of Australia's largest tyre marketer in South Pacific Tyres (SPT), a joint venture between Goodyear Tyres and Pacific Dunlop Limited (now Ansell).
- The Goodyear Aquatreds revolutionary design makes it a hit with consumers and designs.
- NASCAR names Goodyear tyres as the exclusive supplier of the stock-car circuit.
- Goodyear wins its 350th Formula One race, with Jacques Villeneuve in Barcelona.
- Goodyear celebrate its 100th year anniversary.
- Goodyear exits Formula One racing with a record 361 victories and Drivers world championships.
- Goodyear is a proud sponsor for the Sydney Olympic Games, during this time the iconic blimp is utilised.
- Goodyear launch Trinuum Technology, the integration of its 3 main engineering and technical centres from around the world, including Europe, the USA and Japan.
- Goodyear stands at the pinnacle of drag racing, winning the most championships in both the professional and sportsman categories, in the National Hot Rod and International Hot Rod Association competitions.
- Marks Goodyear's 50th anniversary of involvement with NASCAR, and as the longest-running sponsor of the sport.
- Goodyear launches the revolutionary Ducaro GA, incorporating state of the art 'Bubble Blade' technology. This launch is in conjunction with the new Brand direction 'One Revolution Ahead', which reflects Goodyear's commitment to further leading the industry with the creation of innovative and high performance products.
- Goodyear launches its revolutionary RunOnFlat technology which allows you to keep on driving after a puncture.
- The launch of Goodyear Excellence incorporating a state-of-the-art 3 Zone tyre technology that boasts high levels of safety, performance and comfort.
- Goodyear named one of America's most reputable companies in Forbes magazine
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 and Eagle F1 Directional 5 tires launched in Asia Pacific.
- Goodyear and NASCAR sign a five year agreement for Goodyear to continue as the exclusive tyre used in NASCAR's top three racing series.
- Goodyear launches its quietest SUV tyre ever, the Goodyear Eagle Efficientgrip SUV with QuietTred Technology.
- Goodyear’s EAGLE F1 Asymmetric 2 awarded Gold Medal in the latest Australian MOTOR Magazine Tyre Test, cementing its position as Australia’s ultimate performance road tyre. The accolade also gives Goodyear a hat-trick of wins in the authoritative test with the original EAGLE F1 Asymmetric earning the award the two previous years.
- The Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV receives coveted recommendation from consumer watchdog CHOICE in the 2012 CHOICE Small SUV Tyres Review and Compare. The recommendation of the EfficientGrip SUV tyre also extends Goodyear Australia’s reign as the most “CHOICE Recommended” tyre company, highlighting the company’s commitment to safety and innovation.
- Goodyear named a Thomson Reuters 2012 Top 100 Global Innovator, recognising its achievements as one of the world’s most innovative companies
- The 2013 Ford Shelby GT500, featuring the most powerful production V8 in the world is fitted OE with Goodyear Eagle F1
- Goodyear Assurance Triplemaxx launched in Australia with Fuel Saving Technology®for Excellent Fuel Efficiency and Hydrogrip Technonology for maximum Wet Grip, maximum Surface Contact Area and maximum Braking Ability
- Goodyear launches the Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure in Australia with a guaranteed warranty of between 55,000-95,000km depending upon tyre size.