1. Your personal information is important to us
Goodyear recognises the importance of protecting your privacy. This policy explains how we handle personal information that is collected on our web site. It reflects our company policies and implements our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988.
2. Collecting information about you
The kind of information that we collect on the web site is relatively limited. The only personal information we collect on our site is what you tell us about yourself, for example by providing information such as your name, address, phone and e-mail contact details, and information about your enquiry. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
3. Our purpose for collecting this information
The purposes for which we collect information include responding to enquiries, resolving a complaint or service problem, providing a quote or booking in an appointment, ensuring we have sufficient information to provide our services to the public and any other purpose which is made known to you in advance. Occasionally, we conduct research on customer satisfaction using this information.
If you make an enquiry relating to something that needs to be handled by a local outlet, we will pass on information about your request to a local outlet. For example, we may provide information to a local outlet about a warranty enquiry, a service problem or in handling to a request for a particular product.
4. Using and disclosing your personal information
Goodyear will not disclose any information about you without your consent, unless that disclosure is:
- consistent with our purpose for collecting this information as disclosed in this policy;
- required by law or otherwise authorised by law;
- necessary, in our view, in order to provide you with a service which you have requested, such as making a booking at a local outlet;
- necessary, in our view, to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another individual or Goodyear;
- unavoidable in the unlikely event that the assets and operations of Goodyear are transferred to another party as a going concern.
We, or one of our local outlets, may collect your contact details so that we can remind you when it is time to service your tyres in the future. Our policy is to give you the choice as to whether or not you wish to receive further information about special offers, promotions, and reminders. If you indicate that you do not wish to receive these, we will not continue contacting you further for these purposes.
We do not disclose information about you to advertisers or other companies. Goodyear and its affiliates recognise the trust you place in us when you give us personal information. In order to operate the website or as part of our business operations we may sometimes share your personal information with a service provider. We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to other companies without your explicit consent.
6. Will you receive spam from Goodyear?
We may contact you at the email or other address that you provide to us in order to respond to a query or request. We will not send you 'spam' (emailed advertising information unrelated to any commercial relationship which currently exists between us) without first asking you whether you wish to have such promotional information sent to you. We may, however, send you factual information or other information which we consider to be relevant to our existing business relationship with you.
If for any reason you are receiving promotional information about Goodyear and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may where relevant unsubscribe by checking the box on email or otherwise you may e-mail our Marketing Department firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be removed from our contact list. Please allow 28 days for this request to be processed.
7. You can access the information we keep about you
If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to access your record by e-mailing our Privacy Officer at
Our file of your information will be made available to you within 14 days except in limited circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act which entitle us to withhold such information. If we withhold information, we will provide you with reasons for the denial of access. In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of access to your personal information.
8. Changing and deleting the information we have about you
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us by e-mailing our Privacy Officer at email@example.com and we will amend this record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons. If your concern relates to personal information that is held by a local outlet please contact that outlet, as we do not have access to all of the information that local outlets hold.
9. Storage and security of your personal information
Goodyear will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers and access to this information is restricted.
10. Links to other websites
Our sites may provide links to other websites that are outside of our control. We are not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the privacy policies of those websites.
11. What to do if you have a problem or question
12. Future changes
COLLECTION OF EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION INFORMATION
This document explains how Goodyear and its related entities collect[s] personal information about you when you apply for an employment position with Goodyear.
1. Collection of personal information
Goodyear collects and uses personal information about you in order to enable us to assess your application for employment with Goodyear. Where reasonable and practicable, Goodyear will only collect your personal information from you.
During our recruitment process, Goodyear may collect personal information about you for the purpose of conducting pre-employment screening checks, including:
- Confirming your level of education and/or qualifications;
- Confirming details about your previous employment;
- Conducting reference checks with the persons you have nominated as referees;
- Determining whether you have been declared bankrupt;
- Where you have separately consented to us doing so, determining whether you have a criminal history;
- Confirming your professional memberships;
- Confirming details of any company directorships you hold; and
- Carrying out company checks.
Goodyear will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose without first obtaining your consent.
Goodyear may not be able to assess your application for employment if it does not collect the relevant personal information about you.
2. Use and disclosure of personal information
In assessing your application for employment, Goodyear may disclose personal information collected about you to the following types of organisations:
- Educational institutions;
- Employment agencies;
- Organisations nominated by you as your previous employer;
- Government agencies (such as Insolvency and Trustee Service Australia and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission);
- State and federal police forces;
- Persons nominated by you as your referee;Professional associations;
- Organisations engaged by Goodyear for the purpose of verifying the information given by you as part of your application for employment;
- Any other person or organisation to whom Goodyear is required to make a disclosure by law; and
- Any other person or organisation where you have given your consent.
3. Data quality and access
Goodyear will take reasonable steps to ensure that that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act), you have a right to request to view the personal information that Goodyear holds about you. Goodyear may charge you an administrative fee for providing you access to this information.
4. Data Security
Goodyear will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Goodyear will only hold or use your personal information if it is necessary to consider you for an employment position with Goodyear. If you are unsuccessful in obtaining the position you applied for, Goodyear may keep personal information about you if we consider that you may be suitable for another position with Goodyear. Your personal information will only be used and disclosed in accordance with the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act. You may notify us at any time that you no longer wish to be considered for a position with Goodyear and that you wish for your personal information to be removed from our database.
5. Contacting Us
To obtain more information about how we handle your personal information or to request access to your information, please email our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres
Level 2, 464 St Kilda Road
Melbourne VIC Australia 3004
===================end of policy statement=================