Credit Reporting Notification
1. Who this Credit Reporting Privacy Notification applies to
This Credit Reporting Privacy Notification applies to current and former credit customers of Goodyear and Dunlop Tyres (Aust) Pty Limited (GDTA) and its related entities within Australia, as well as to other relevant individuals we deal with in connection with credit we provide (such as guarantors and directors).
- make a request to us for access to personal information we hold about you
- make a request to us to correct personal information we hold about you
- make a complaint to us and how we will deal with a complaint.
2. Disclosure to Credit Reporting Bodies
Where the Privacy Act permits us to, we may disclose your personal information (including credit information) to credit reporting bodies.
We currently disclose personal information to:
- Veda Advantage Limited
Level 15, 100 Arthur Street
North Sydney NSW 2059
Phone: 1300 762 207; and
- CreditorWatch Pty Ltd
Level 13, 109 Pitt Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
Phone: 1300 50 13 12
You can obtain a copy of Veda Advantage’s and CreditorWatch’s policies about their management of credit reporting information. To do so, please contact them or visit their website at www.veda.com.au or www.creditorwatch.com.au
Credit reporting bodies may include the information provided by us in credit reports provided to other credit providers to assist them to assess your credit worthiness. The credit we provide is commercial credit. However, you should remember that if you fail to meet your payment obligations in relation to consumer credit provided by other credit providers, or if you commit a serious credit infringement in connection with consumer credit, the relevant credit provider may be entitled to disclose that information to credit reporting bodies.
3. Overseas disclosure
We currently disclose personal information (including credit-related personal information) to our related entity located in the Philippines who provides services to us.
4. Your Rights
You have the right to:
- Request us to give you access to the credit information we hold about you
- Request us to make a correction to the credit information we hold about you
- Make a complaint to us if you are concerned that we have not complied with our obligations that apply to dealing with credit information under the Privacy Act
5. Opting out of direct marketing pre-screening
A credit reporting body may use your credit reporting information to assist a credit provider to market to you by pre-screening you for direct marketing by the credit provider. This process is known as a “pre-screening”. If you do not want a credit reporting body to use your information for the purpose of pre-screening, you have the right under the Privacy Act to contact them and request that they exclude you from pre-screening (at no cost to you).
6. If you are a victim of fraud (including identity fraud)
You are entitled under the Privacy Act to request that a credit reporting body not use or disclose credit reporting information they hold about you in circumstances where you reasonably believe that you have been, or are likely to be, a victim of fraud, including identity fraud. The period while this applies is called a “ban period”. The credit reporting body will explain to you in more detail the effect and duration of a ban period when you contact them.
7. Contact details
If you have any questions about this Credit Reporting Privacy Notification or require a hard copy, please contact:
Goodyear Dunlop Australia Pty Limited,
PO Box 8026
St Kilda Road BC
Tarneit VIC 3029
Telephone: 1800 818 085