Your Goodyear OPTILIFE mileage guarantee
Goodyear OPTLIFE comes with a 50,000km tread wear guarantee when you purchase two or more tyres in one transaction from an authorised Goodyear retailer (“Dealer”).
How the guarantee works
- Purchase two or more tyres from an authorised Dealer.
- If the tread on one of your Goodyear OPTILIFE tyres wears down to the treadwear indicators (worn to 1.6mm) before reaching 50,000km use, the tyre will be replaced on a pro-rata basis. For example, if you only travel 25,000km on the tyre before it wears down to the treadwear indicators, a Dealer will provide an equivalent replacement tyre at 50% off the current recommended retail price.
- You remain responsible for the uncredited cost of the replacement tyre, any charges for fitment and associated services, and any other taxes or mandatory government charges and levies that apply.
What you need to do over the life of the tyre (Service Requirements)
- Keep a copy of your receipt of purchase showing date of fitment, odometer reading at fitment and the description of the tyres that you have purchased.
- You must rotate and balance your tyres every six (6) months or 10,000km, whichever comes first. Costs may apply to this service and are at the discretion of your Dealer.
- Where your Dealer recommends a wheel alignment, it must be performed in accordance with the recommendation. Costs may apply to this service and are at the discretion of your Dealer.
- You must keep a record of all tyre balances, rotations and wheel alignments performed.
Making a claim under the guarantee:
To make a valid claim you must present:
- The tyre that has failed to meet the guarantee;
- A copy of the receipt of your purchase; and
- All service records.
Tyres replaced become the property of Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres (Aust) Pty Ltd.
Your legal rights
This guarantee is managed and administered by Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres (Aust) Pty Ltd. We will act reasonably in administering this guarantee, however our decision is final.
This guarantee applies in addition to any manufacturer’s warranty or statutory warranty that you are entitled to by law. Your Goodyear OPTILIFE tyres come with statutory guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The guarantee remains valid:
- For five (5) years from the date of purchase; and
- Where the tyres have been used only on the vehicle to which they were fitted by the Dealer.
Invalidation of the guarantee
The guarantee does not apply:
- For tyres used in commercial applications including, but not limited to, police, taxi service, national account, government, and contract sales;
- For tyres supplied as original equipment; and
- When irregular wear or damage appears due to:
- Improper inflation pressure;
- High-speed spin up;
- Misapplication, misuse, negligence;
- Use of tyre chains;
- Improper mounting or demounting;
- Improper maintenance or repair;
- Wreck, collision or fire; or
- Road hazards (including, but not limited to, punctures, cuts, snags, impact breaks etc); or
- To any tyre that has been intentionally altered to change its appearance.
What’s not covered?
This guarantee does not cover:
- Goodyear patterns other than Goodyear Optilife. Other patterns may have their own guarantees.
- Single tyre purchases. Goodyear OPTILIFE tyres must be purchased in units of 2 or more in one transaction.
- Goodyear OPTILIFE tyres that have not been maintained in accordance with the Service Requirements.
- Tyres transferred to another vehicle from the one upon which they were fitted.
- Tyres that are not worn out. Tyres must be worn down to the tread wear indicators for a claim to be considered.
- Tyres older than 5 years from the date of fitment.
- Loss of time, inconvenience, or loss of vehicle use.
- Liability and losses of a consequential nature are limited to the extent permitted by law.