Corporate Social Responsibility
This includes volunteerism, charitable donations, community events and many other activities that bring our associates closer to the community we live.
WOMEN WITH DRIVE
The Women with Drive program is a series of free community workshops designed to educate women on the basics of vehicle maintenance. The workshop is conducted by a qualified Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres staff member who teaches participants how to check their car systems including fluids, electrics, wipers, under body tyres and more.
The program evolved from research which showed that women were less educated and confident about vehicle maintenance than men. Whilst it won’t turn our participants into mechanics, it will provide them with a basic understanding of cars and tips on how to best look after them in between their services.
The Women with Drive workshops are free but there are donation opportunities at each session to raise money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation.
Register for a Women with Drive workshop here.Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres is a proud member of Tyre Stewardship Australia (TSA), a not-for-profit organisation comprised of tyre retailers, manufacturers, recyclers and collectors.
The organisation was formed to implement the national Tyre Product Stewardship Scheme, an industry initiative supported by the Government and authorised by the ACCC.
The scheme aims to promote the increase of environmentally sustainable collections and recycling processes and to explore and promote new uses for products using recycled end-of-life tyres. As such, its potential benefits are many and far reaching. Among them:
- Increased use of a resource stream currently being disposed of as waste
- Reduction in the number of tyres not going to an environmentally sound use
- Enhanced Australian recycling industry and sustainable markets for end-of life tyres and tyre derived products
- Increased capacity to handle end-of-life tyres in Australia
- Creation of new markets for end-of-life tyres and tyre derived products through research and development
- Improved business environment particularly for tyre collectors and recyclers
- Increased consumer awareness of the impacts of end-of-life tyre disposal; and
- Enhanced credibility for the tyre industry through demonstrated leadership in environmental management and adoption of corporate social responsibility strategies.
There is a wide range of uses for end-of-life tyres and tyre related products, such as road surfacing, soft fall playground surfacing, brake pads, industrial and commercial flooring, explosives, civil engineering and in fuels for energy recovery.
Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres has been one of the leaders in advocating this scheme for many years and has been a strong advocate for its implementation within the tyre industry in Australia. We were the first and one of only four tyre companies that founded the TSA, the other three being Michelin, Yokohama and Continental. As a founding member, Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres has had representation on the TSA board since the not-for-profit company was incorporated in 2013.