Assurance DuraPlus 2 Warranty Information
Goodyear Assurance DuraPlus 2 Mileage Warranty
Exclusive to Goodyear Autocare, the Goodyear Assurance DuraPlus 2 comes with a guaranteed mileage warranty when you purchase two or more tyres.
How the warranty works
Every Goodyear Assurance DuraPlus 2 tyre comes with a mileage warranty of 70,000km. If the tread on your Assurance DuraPlus 2 tyre wears down to the treadwear indicators (worn to 1.6mm) before reaching 70,000km, the tyre will be replaced on a pro-rata basis.
For example, if you only travel 35,000km on your tyres before the tyre wears down to the treadwear indicators, Goodyear Autocare will provide an equivalent replacement tyre at 50% off the current recommended retail price.
Things you need to know to ensure that the warranty remains valid
- You must rotate and balance your tyres every 6 months or 10,000km, whichever comes first (costs may apply).
- Odometer reading at fitment must be recorded by owner & dealer at time of fitment and retained.
- Wheel alignment must be performed as recommended by Goodyear Autocare.
- Warranty Card must be presented at each tyre service and be stamped / signed as appropriate. Service records must be kept.
- Tyre pressure must be maintained as per vehicle placard.
- When making a claim, you must present your tyre, completed warranty section (with service records) and the tyre purchase invoice showing tyre description, vehicle mileage and the date the tyre(s) were installed at a participating Goodyear Autocare store.
- Tyres replaced become the property of Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres (Aus) Pty Ltd.
- You must pay any other applicable taxes and government mandated charges on the services you order.
This warranty is valid:
- For five (5) years from the date of purchase.
- Where the tyres have been used only on the vehicle on which they were originally installed at a participating Goodyear Autocare store.
- This warranty is not valid:
- For tyres used in commercial applications including, but not limited to, police, taxi service, national account, government, and contract sales.
- For tyres supplied as original equipment.
- When irregular wear or damage appears due to:
- Improper inflation of tyres
- High-Speed spin up
- Misapplication, misuse, negligence
- Use of tyre chains
- Improper mounting or demounting
- Improper repair
- Wreck, collision or fire
- Road hazards (including, but not limited to, punctures, cuts, snags, impact breaks etc.)
- Any type that has been intentionally altered to change its appearance
Your legal rights
Warranty applies in addition to any non-excludable statutory warranties, including your warranties set out in the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.