Terms and Conditions
GOODYEAR MELBOURNE 4x4 SHOW PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres (Aust) Pty Ltd of Level 1, 630 Church Street, Richmond VIC 3121, telephone (03) 8416 7200 (select option 4 – “Digital & Marketing”) (“Promoter”).
- Entry is open to visitors to the Goodyear Exhibition Stand at the National 4x4 Outdoors Show, Fishing & Boating Expo, Melbourne at the Melbourne Showgrounds from August 16 to August 18, 2019 (“Stand”).
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Entries into the promotion opens at 09:00am on Friday August 16 and closes at 6:00pm AEST on Sunday August 18 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, eligible individuals must provide their email and contact details via on online kiosk located at the Stand.
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The draw will take place at 09:00am on 20 August 2019 at The Promoter’s head office, Level 1, 630 Church Street, Richmond VIC 3121. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The winner will be notified in writing by email and phone within two (2) business days of the draw.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn will win a voucher to the value of $1500 to be used to purchase a Goodyear Wrangler tyre and wheel package that may be redeemed from any Goodyear Autocare or Beaurepaires outlet in Victoria.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not collect the prize by 05:00pm on 3 September 2019, then the prize will be forfeited.
- Total prize pool value is $1500. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- A draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 4 September 2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner of the prize in this unclaimed prize draw, if any, will be notified in writing by email and phone within two (2) business days of the draw. If the winner of the Prize in the unclaimed prize draw does not collect the rize within a further two weeks, the Prize will be forfeited and no further draws conducted.
- Prize voucher must be redeemed on or before 31 December 2019. If it is not redeemed by that time it will be forfeited.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, testimonial, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with entering the Promotion is the entrant’s responsibility and, in the case of online entry, is dependent on the internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Where the winner redeems the prize voucher at a Beaurepaires store, Beaurepaires’ standard terms and conditions (available at beaurepaires.com.au) relating to the sale of goods apply to the goods and services that the winner receives through the redemption of the prize. Where the winner redeems the Prize at a Goodyear Autocare store, the standard terms and conditions of sale of the relevant Goodyear Autocare store apply to the goods and services that the winner receives through the redemption of the prize. Standard manufacturer’s warranties will apply to any Goodyear Wrangler tyres received by the winner.
Goodyear Assurance DuraPlus 2 Mileage Warranty
Exclusive to Goodyear Autocare, the Goodyear Assurance DuraPlus 2 comes with a guaranteed mileage warranty when you purchase two or more tyres.
How the warranty works
Every Goodyear Assurance DuraPlus 2 tyre comes with a mileage warranty of 70,000km. If the tread on your Assurance DuraPlus 2 tyre wears down to the treadwear indicators (worn to 1.6mm) before reaching 70,000km, the tyre will be replaced on a pro-rata basis.
For example, if you only travel 35,000km on your tyres before the tyre wears down to the treadwear indicators, Goodyear Autocare will provide an equivalent replacement tyre at 50% off the current recommended retail price.
Things you need to know to ensure that the warranty remains valid
- You must rotate and balance your tyres every 6 months or 10,000km, whichever comes first (costs may apply).
- Odometer reading at fitment must be recorded by owner & dealer at time of fitment and retained.
- Wheel alignment must be performed as recommended by Goodyear Autocare.
- Warranty Card must be presented at each tyre service and be stamped / signed as appropriate. Service records must be kept.
- Tyre pressure must be maintained as per vehicle placard.
- When making a claim, you must present your tyre, completed warranty section (with service records) and the tyre purchase invoice showing tyre description, vehicle mileage and the date the tyre(s) were installed at a participating Goodyear Autocare store.
- Tyres replaced become the property of Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres (Aus) Pty Ltd.
- You must pay any other applicable taxes and government mandated charges on the services you order.
This warranty is valid:
- For five (5) years from the date of purchase.
- Where the tyres have been used only on the vehicle on which they were originally installed at a participating Goodyear Autocare store.
- This warranty is not valid:
- For tyres used in commercial applications including, but not limited to, police, taxi service, national account, government, and contract sales.
- For tyres supplied as original equipment.
- When irregular wear or damage appears due to:
- Improper inflation of tyres
- High-Speed spin up
- Misapplication, misuse, negligence
- Use of tyre chains
- Improper mounting or demounting
- Improper repair
- Wreck, collision or fire
- Road hazards (including, but not limited to, punctures, cuts, snags, impact breaks etc.)
- Any type that has been intentionally altered to change its appearance
Your legal rights
Warranty applies in addition to any non-excludable statutory warranties, including your warranties set out in the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.