Terms and Conditions
GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC RT TYRE GIVEAWAY
1. Information on how to enter and our associated social media posts form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between any information on this promotion published elsewhere and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents.
3. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions, and the entrants must provide the contact details of their parents / guardians. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotion commences on 9:00AM AEDT on 1 October 2023 and entries close at 11:59pm AEDT on 15 October 2023 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps: (1) follow / be following the username handle @goodyear_anz on Instagram; and (2) on the relevant social media post advertising the giveaway on Tyler Thompson’s Instagram page, comment in 25 words or less where you would explore first on your new Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac RT Tyres.
7. Single entry only permitted.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. Winner selection will take place at the Promoter’s office, Level 8, 333 Collins Street Melbourne on 18 October 2023. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. Winners will be notified via a direct/private message on Instagram.
12. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on the creative merit of the submission.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. The most creative valid entry, as determined by the judges, will win 4 x Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac RT tyres (valued at $2,400 incl GST), to be fitted and balanced to a suitable vehicle at the winner’s nearest participating Goodyear Autocare dealer.
14. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification. This could become necessary, for example, if the relevant winner’s vehicle requires a tyre size outside of the available size range of Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac RT tyres, such that tyres of a different Goodyear pattern, or a gift voucher to a Goodyear Autocare store, may be awarded instead. Any such substitutions would be at the Promoter’s discretion. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
15. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of this prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a winner does not complete an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner without any replacement for their value. The prize must be claimed at the winner’s nearest participating Goodyear Autocare dealer by [insert deadline].
16. Prize does not include travel expenses to or from the winner’s nearest participating Goodyear Autocare dealer for the purposes of the prize being claimed. Prizes cannot be gifted to other persons in lieu of the winner not being able to travel. Should the winner not be able to claim the prize by the deadline specified in section 16 above, the prize shall be forfeited without any replacement for its value.
17. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- their Content must be an independent creation and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights
- their Content must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions;
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
18. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
19.Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
20. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
21. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
22. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the Event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or (g) use of a prize.
24. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Instagram Rules, which can be found at http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms.
25. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Instagram will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
26. The Promoter is Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 86 004 098 346) of Level 8, 333 Collins Street Melbourne.
Goodyear Assurance DuraPlus 2 Mileage Warranty
Exclusive to Goodyear Autocare, the Goodyear Assurance DuraPlus 2 comes with a guaranteed mileage warranty when you purchase two or more tyres.
How the warranty works
Every Goodyear Assurance DuraPlus 2 tyre comes with a mileage warranty of 70,000km. If the tread on your Assurance DuraPlus 2 tyre wears down to the treadwear indicators (worn to 1.6mm) before reaching 70,000km, the tyre will be replaced on a pro-rata basis.
For example, if you only travel 35,000km on your tyres before the tyre wears down to the treadwear indicators, Goodyear Autocare will provide an equivalent replacement tyre at 50% off the current recommended retail price.
Things you need to know to ensure that the warranty remains valid
- You must rotate and balance your tyres every 6 months or 10,000km, whichever comes first (costs may apply).
- Odometer reading at fitment must be recorded by owner & dealer at time of fitment and retained.
- Wheel alignment must be performed as recommended by Goodyear Autocare.
- Warranty Card must be presented at each tyre service and be stamped / signed as appropriate. Service records must be kept.
- Tyre pressure must be maintained as per vehicle placard.
- When making a claim, you must present your tyre, completed warranty section (with service records) and the tyre purchase invoice showing tyre description, vehicle mileage and the date the tyre(s) were installed at a participating Goodyear Autocare store.
- Tyres replaced become the property of Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres (Aus) Pty Ltd.
- You must pay any other applicable taxes and government mandated charges on the services you order.
This warranty is valid:
- For five (5) years from the date of purchase.
- Where the tyres have been used only on the vehicle on which they were originally installed at a participating Goodyear Autocare store.
- This warranty is not valid:
- For tyres used in commercial applications including, but not limited to, police, taxi service, national account, government, and contract sales.
- For tyres supplied as original equipment.
- When irregular wear or damage appears due to:
- Improper inflation of tyres
- High-Speed spin up
- Misapplication, misuse, negligence
- Use of tyre chains
- Improper mounting or demounting
- Improper repair
- Wreck, collision or fire
- Road hazards (including, but not limited to, punctures, cuts, snags, impact breaks etc.)
- Any type that has been intentionally altered to change its appearance
Your legal rights
Warranty applies in addition to any non-excludable statutory warranties, including your warranties set out in the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.